My Poems -Part I

Posted by Vijayalekshmi Omana at Sunday, November 29, 2009
Share this post:
Ma.gnolia DiggIt! Del.icio.us Yahoo Furl Technorati Reddit

Always a beggar

I've been on my knees

To keep you divine

I've been at your mercy

To make you a master

I've been staying alive

To protect you from death

I've been dying starving

To keep you "full-belly"

But I remain a beggar

With you as my greatest wealth

I still remain a beggar!

With you always in my side

[We live for money. With money we can do anything. We can love money. But always it will be the master. We will do anything to preserve the money in our hand, because without it you will be a beggar. But with it you are a beggar if you do not part with it.]


Colours of Autumn

In the midst of a big forest

In the midst of autumn

Where the leaves wither

And fall in the weather

I sat on the nearby stone

Of a brook on its last legs

It was flowing east

And I listened to the musical journey

That was awesome

It was a nice afternoon

The silvery water soothes the stones

It continues the journey

Boulders and whirl-pools in its path

The brook has covered all of those

The ups and downs, twists and turns

It continues the journey

The trees which once nested

All beautiful birds in world

Seems it is now rested

In its solitary world

I asked the nearby tree

Why is it standing silently?

Nothing said by the tree

But the brook answered

In its soft voice

Which sooth the stones

The brook continues its journey

To the heart of autumn forest

[The life is like a stream. We must keep going without stumbling upon rocks like problems or ups and downs in our life. We must consider the problems to be our pointers in life. We must add dance to our life as the stream dances touching upon the rocks. It should keep going so unlike the tree even when the end is near]

0 comments:

Post a Comment